Living on the edge in the land of plenty
Who lives at risk of homelessness?
A surprising number of people.
- Four out of five people suffer economic hardship by the time they’re 60.
- See what you need to earn to afford costs of living with the MIT Living Wage Calculator.
- A paycheck isn’t always enough. Find out which workers struggle most to pay rent.
- Millions of Americans who work an average of 38 hours a week still can’t make ends meet.
- Think you can live well on Social Security Income (SSI) for people with disabilities? Find our what your benefit would be if eligible, then compare that with average rents.